Tuesday 9 October 2012

Halloween crafts part 1 - treat bags

Since Halloween is approaching and everyone is giving their awesome, crafty contribution I decided to give my own with some stuff I made time (and time) ago but never published properly.
Here is a little preview of my 4,5 spooky tutorials:



PART 1: TREAT BAGS.
This time I'll show you how I made the Hello kitty candy bag and the quick Brown paper treats bags.





 

I got the idea for the Hello Kitty candy bag from this video: Pumpkin treat bag.
Instead of making a tiny bag I used a medium size shopping bag:



Here is what you've to do:
- Cover the shopping bag's back and front with orange cardboard (as shown in the video).
- Spread the glue all over the cardboard and place the spiderweb lace on it (I added the ribbon-handle at this point).
- Glue some black ribbon around the edges.
- For the decoration print a Halloween-ish image (Hello Kitty or whatever you want) and glue it on an orange square of cardboard. Embellish it with spiderwebs and layer it on top of a wider square of black cardboard.
- Attach the decorative closure with some double tape at the flap and add the velcro (as in the video).

Brown paper treats bags 

These are even easier, a last minute solution:

 

- Print (or trace out) the design from this pattern: Paper crave Halloween freebies.
- Colour them with markers and glue them to the paper bags with double tape.

That's all :)
Hope this was useful and come back soon for the other DIY.

Linking up @:

+ + + + +

+ + Thirty Handmade Days + + +
+ +

2 comments:

  1. Those turned out so cute, my kids would love them~! I'm also a huge fan of Hello Kitty. Thanks for linking up at Printabelle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're very welcome, I'm glad you liked ^__^

      Delete