Saturday 4 February 2012

Make yourself a new J.Rock addict friend

Swap time! Organized by me for my group J.rock_swap @ swap-bot!

<span class=

"..you've to write and e.mail or a post on your blog to share with your partner, and tell us a bit of yourself, your music taste, favourite bands, live you saw, your first J.Rock song, how have you discovered this kind of music.. whatever seems interesting (just let's keep it group related!)."

Where should I begin.. well, I'm a J.rock fan since 2007 more or less. It all began when a friend of mine made me watch some PVs of a band she liked a lot, named the GazettE. My very first songs were "舐~zetsu~", "Shadow VI II I" and "Silly god disco".
I remember perfectly the moment and my WTF expression seeing all those strange clothes and make up. I didn't liked them at the beginning, but they left me intrigued somehow and I tried to listen to other songs. Some time later the same friend asked me to watch together the live "The nameless liberty six guns". By that time I knew already several songs and I grew fond of GazettE's members. I think it was in that occasion that I felt in love XD
Listening to GazettE's songs wasn't enough anymore though, so I began to do some researches. I stumbled upon many bands and gave them a try: Miyavi, Alice nine, Kra, Nightmare,.. they were ok, but nothing special.
Then Girugamesh came.
And it was love all over again.
"Owari to mirai" is the first song I listened to, I liked it so much.. T^T But the best part was to discover all the messages/comments/backstage videos! Man, those four are total dorks XD
And I didn't know the best had to come yet! I had always red about this Dir en grey band but I never listened to them and when I did (by chance this time) they began my favourite japanese band. I can't remember which is their first song I listened to, but "Withering to death" and "Vulgar" were the first albums I loved.
I can't tell you how happy I was when they came in Italy in 2009. I enjoyed every single seconds of that live, headbanging and singing all the time. They came back in Rimini last summer, and I was thrilled to see them live again. My friend and I were so close to the stage.. I'll always have great memories of those days. We waited for them before the live and at the end, we went back home with a pick, a drum stick and many photos.
I've some recent crush too by the way: ONE OK ROCK, Plastic tree, Rentrer en soi and Kaggra, (who disbanded sadly). I don't look for new bands anymore honestly. Many pops out of nowhere, just to disband a few time later, so I stick to big favourites. They've never disappointed me so far :D

[If you're interested and want to read more, take a look at these other post: "Share your j.rock favourites" and "Japanese Song - Email Swap".]

Current Music: Die So Fluid - Raven | Powered by Last.fm

1 comment:

  1. Hi Lima, I think this is your blog entry for the swap. I thought folks were to send each other emails, but it's been rather confusing. Anyway, glad to meet you here. I'm a music lover myself. I've been to your lovely country. We are Americans living in Ukraine so we are not all that far away. I hope to visit there again.
    I'm going to see if I can follow your blog. Hope you'll do the same on mine. You can find it here: www.vintageterrace2.blogspot.com
    Cheers, Coleen
    coleenfranks
    Long term blog pals

    ReplyDelete