So! Cooking challenge today, for a swap:
“.. Once partners are assigned find your partners' comments and pick at least 1 recipe they suggested, try it out and blog about it. “
A swap idea I came up to with the purpose of forcing me to try new recipe.. and it quite worked! Look, teriyaki chicken.
- 2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup chopped white onion
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup soy sauce (use low-sodium if desired)
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh ginger
- 1/8 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 3 Tbsp. cornstarch
- (optional toppings: sliced scallions and toasted sesame seeds)
You can find the original recipe here, on Gimme some oven. Spoiler: you’ll have to cook the chicken in a honey-soy sauce mixture.